Congratulations on your NROTC Scholarship and assignment to the NROTC Unit at Georgia Tech!
Please review the Commanding Officer’s Welcome Aboard Letter and Enclosures (1) and (2) to determine what paperwork is required prior to entry into the NROTC Battalion here at Georgia Tech.
Enclosure (1) Supplemental Information Rev A
All paperwork must be filled out and mailed to the unit before your arrival at Georgia Tech. Submit the required paperwork postmarked not later than 15 July 2019. If you have any questions, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Mail completed paperwork to:
NROTC Atlanta Region
225 North Avenue NW
Atlanta, GA 30332-0125
- Enclosure (2), Action Checklist
- Enclosure (3), Pre-Entry Physical Training Plan (Navy Option MIDN)
- Enclosure (3), 90 Day Preparation Guide – Marines (Marine Option MIDN)
Complete, Sign and Return:
- Enclosure (4), NROTC Questionnaire and Sizing Data (Please complete and Email to LT Vangel by June 20th)
- Enclosure (5), Sports Physical (only required if not DODMERB qualified by start of New Student Orientation)
- Enclosure (6), DD Form 93, Record of Emergency Data
- Enclosure (7), Privacy Act Statement
- Enclosure (8), Direct Deposit Form (SF 1199A) and Instructions
- Enclosure (9), Immunization Record
- Enclosure (10), Memorandum of Understanding
Read (will be signed when you report to the unit):
- Enclosure (12), SGLV 8286 (Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance Election and Certificate)
- Enclosure (11), NROTC Scholarship Service Agreement (NSTC 1533 153)
- Enclosure (13), NROTC Drug and Alcohol Statement of Understanding (NSTC 1533 153)
- Enclosure (14), Drug and Alcohol Abuste SOU (OPNAV 5350 1)
- Enclosure (15), Acceptance and Oath of Office (NSTC 1533 126)
- Enclosure (16), NROTC Concept of Honor (NSTC 1533 121)
- Enclosure (17), Campus Map
Students should be prepared to complete and excel at the Navy PFA (Marine PFT for Marine scholarship candidates).
- Navy Height/Weight Standards can be found here:
- Marine Height/Weight Standards can be found here:
NAVY OPTION MIDN:
The Navy PFA consists of two minutes of situps, two minutes of pushups, and a 1.5 mile run. Students must receive at least a ‘Good Low’ for the 20-24 age bracket in every category, though all students are expected to exceed this standard. Scholarships will not be activated if the student fails the PFA or does not meet physical standards. This means that their tuition will not be paid by the scholarship until they meet the standards. It is important that students prepare themselves physically for New Student Orientation to avoid any issues!
- Navy Option Male PRT Standards: http://www.navy-prt.com/malestandard/20-24.html
- Navy Option Female PRT Standards: http://www.navy-prt.com/femalestandard/20-24.html
- Event 1- Max Pull Ups in 2 minutes without dropping from the bar. Push-ups are authorized, but the max score you can receive is 70 points on this event while doing pushups.
- Event 2- Max Crunches in 2 minutes.
- Event 3- Timed 3 mile run.
All students must meet the applicable standard above during their First Class year in order to commission.
All students are expected to improve their level of physical readiness achievement as they progress through the program.
Navy Freshman Advisor: LT James Vangel, firstname.lastname@example.org
Marine Officer Instructor: Capt Noah Joseph, email@example.com